Information Collection and Usage
Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us by, for example, creating a molbase.com account or contacting us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services. For example, we may use technologies like cookies or receive use data from software running on your device.
As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources, for example, purchasing statistics from other companies to support our services. The personal data we collect includes name, gender, enterprise name, job position, postal and email addresses, phone number, login information (account and password), photos, and certificate information, etc., depending on how you interact with molbase.com, for example, the website you visit or the products and services that you use. We also collect the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you provide, or the questions or information you provide for customer service support.
Before using our products or services, you may need to provide personal data. In some cases you may be able to opt not to disclose your personal data to molbase.com. However, not providing molbase.com with certain data may mean that we cannot provide you with certain products or services or respond to an issue that you have raised.
We will only use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Fulfilling your transaction or service requests, including creating accounts, fulfilling orders, delivering, activating, or verifying products or services, providing training and certification, managing and processing training and certification exams, participating in onsite or virtual activities, fulfilling your requests for changes or providing you with the requested information (such as marketing materials for products and services, and white papers), and providing technical support.
2. Providing you with the specific services that you have requested, such as to reach a retailer.
3. Contacting you with your consent, sending you information about products and services that may interest you, responding to questions that you send to us, inviting you to participate in molbase.com activities (including promotional activities), market surveys, or satisfaction surveys, or sending you marketing information. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time.
4. Sending you important notices, such as maintenance of and updates to our website, system or application.
5. Qualifying and managing suppliers and business partners, and communicating or working with suppliers and business partners.
6. Improving our services through internal audits, data analysis, and research.
7. Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market share.
8. Ensuring the security of our services and customers or users, executing and improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
9. Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
Molbase.com may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, molbase.com will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visits to its website. We collect this data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. Molbase.com may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
We will endeavor to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure that the two types of data are used separately. If personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
Molbase.com will process your personal data following the requirements of applicable laws on an appropriate legal basis, including:
1. Processing your personal data to fulfill the contract when responding to a transaction or service request,
2. Processing your personal data with your consent,
3. Processing based on the legitimate interests of molbase.com or a third party when we use your personal data to contact you, conduct marketing or market surveys, improve our products and services, execute and improve our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs, and other purposes. Legitimate interests include enabling us to more effectively manage and operate our business and provide our products and services, protecting the security of our businesses, systems, products, services, and customers, internal management, complying with internal policies and processes, and other legitimate interests described in this Policy,
4. Processing your personal data as necessary to comply with and fulfill legal obligations.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
To ensure our website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use, and enable websites to store data such as your preferences or items in your shopping cart.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites. For example, when you receive an email from molbase.com, it may contain a click-through URL that links to a molbase.com web page. If you click the link, molbase.com will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. You can unsubscribe from the molbase.com mailing list at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
How We Protect and Retain Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. Molbase.com is committed to protecting your personal data, however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards molbase.com uses to determine the retention period are as follows: the time required to retain personal data to fulfill business purposes, including providing products and services, maintaining corresponding transaction and business records, controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services, ensuring the security of systems, products, and services, handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems, whether the user agrees to a longer retention period, and whether the laws, contracts, and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention, etc. We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
Third-Party Providers and Their Services
To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive content or web links from third parties other than molbase.com and its partners (“third parties”). Molbase.com does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the content and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Molbase.com cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
Your personal data collected by molbase.com may be processed or accessed in the country/region where you use our products and services or in other countries/regions where molbase.com or its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers or business partners have a presence. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, molbase.com will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws, which includes when transferring the data subject's personal data from the EU to a country or region which have been acknowledged by the EU commission as having an adequate level of data protection, we may use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as signing standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission, obtaining the consent to the cross-border transfer of a data subject in the EU, or implementing security measures like anonymizing personal data before cross-border data transfer.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to molbase.com is correct. Molbase.com is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may (i) have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you, (ii) request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data, (iii) object or restrict to our use of your personal data, and (iv) ask us to delete your personal data from our database.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information, (b) stop sending emails to your email address, and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. Your written request may be required for security. We may decline the request if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the request is a fraudulent, unfeasible or may jeopardize the privacy of others.
If allowed by applicable laws, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when molbase.com processes your personal data based on your consent. However, withdrawal does not affect the legitimacy and effectiveness of how we process your personal data based on your consent before the withdrawal is made, nor does it affect any data processing based on another justification other than your consent.
You can make your requests at the customer information section, or by telephoning, or emailing your request to molbase.com’s Customer Support department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
Updates to This Policy
Last updated: February 2019